Labor Support Keeps Piling Up for Cheryl Brown
SAN BERNARDINO, CA - (May 17, 2016) With early voting already commencing, Assemblywoman Cheryl Brown's (D-San Bernardino) re-election campaign is announcing yet another Labor endorsement. The United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America endorse Cheryl Brown for Assembly District 47. The International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW) is one of the largest and most diverse unions in North America, with members in virtually every sector of the economy with more than 400,000 active members and more than 580,000 retired members in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
"Assemblywoman Cheryl Brown's voting record to improve working families' lives and the communities we live in is deserving of another term," said Victor Quiroz, International Union Representative, UAW Region 5. "Our members and working families in the district benefit when we have a legislator who is inclusive of all her constituency and the economic needs most important to them. Cheryl Brown is proudly supported by UAW Region 5 because she fights for working people."
"I am honored to receive the support from the UAW and recommit my efforts on helping champion issues most important to working families in the Inland Empire," said Assemblywoman Cheryl Brown.
UAW Region 5's endorsement of Cheryl Brown's re-election campaign joins a long list of union support already backing her campaign, which include:
- -California Association of Highway Patrolmen
- -California School Employees Association, AFL-CIO
- -California Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
- -Union of American Physicians and Dentists, AFL-CIO
- -Laborers' International Union of North America
- -Hod Carriers and Laborers Local Union No. 783
- -AFSCME California PEOPLE, AFL-CIO
- -CAL FIRE Local 2881
- -California Faculty Association
- -United Domestic Workers of America, AFL-CIO
- -California Correctional Peace Officers Association
- -Fontana Police Officers Association
- -United Steel Workers L&E Committee
- -California State Retirees
- -Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters
Partial list. For a comprehensive endorsement list, click here.
Assemblywoman Cheryl Brown is the officially endorsed Democratic candidate of the California Democratic Party running for re-election in California’s 47th district.The election is scheduled for California’s Presidential Primary Election on June 7, 2016.